Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lifting up and Letting Go

I just love this picture....open hand...water rushing... love the memory of the wonder.... so symbolic of the heart journey I've been traveling these days... a journey I want to share with the hope that it might encourage someone somewhere to join me as I strive to lift up praise and let go of hurt.

In my last blog I shared that I'd begun keeping a list of moments I count as gifts. What a blessing this has been to journal, count, and recount the simplest of gifts given for my joy by the creator of ALL! Believe me, my hands and heart have been wide open as I thankfully and eagerly receive God's goodness.

On the other hand, though celebrating Lent is not a part of my religious heritage, I've been mindful of this season of soul searching and repentance... this time of letting go of the bondage of sin in preparation for the life giving gift of Jesus we commemorate as we celebrate his resurrection. As I've shared before, life, this past couple of years, has been hard and unfortunately, in the process, I believe that, I've become hard too... the hurts have taken a toll on my heart. If I'm really honest with myself, I'm guilty of claiming God's grace but not sharing it by forgiving as I should.

Matthew 6: 14-15 says, "For if you forgive other people when they sin againist you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." It's a simple as that.

It's as simple as living with my hands wide open... just like D ... lifting up praise and letting go of hurt... letting the precious blood of Jesus wash away all that would keep me from him... all that would keep any of his children from him.


Counting gifts...

20. Walking hand in hand with someone who loves you.

45. Rain! Sky darkening; Earth shaking; Ear splitting

56. The sound of shared mother/son laughter at the dawn of a new day

77. Out of the mouths of babes... Riley: "Grandma, do you love me big or little?"

93. Eating ice cream until my lips are numb!!

124. Morning babbling.... quiet thoughts I can only wonder at their meaning... music to my ears.

137. Hot bath... unrushed... quiet house.

143. Scripture written on my heart to wrestle with the demons of a sleepless night.

149. Bacon... the smell of "home" in the early morn.

167. Picnic with pigeons...so many that we could feel the wind of their wings as they took flight.

174. Riley: "Grandma, I love you the best!" Me: "Do you tell everyone that?" Riley: "Yes." Love this!!! The way we shoud love everyone... the best!

175. Lingering aftershave... so loving, reassuring, comforting, peace giving

185.Goodnight moon in a sea of clouds sprinkled with twinkle stars.

187. Friends to the rescue...

194. Home sweet home... Vanessa resting in her own bed.

195 Celebrating Sam- 60 years!!

204.Pei Wei take out and happy grandchildren... relaxed evening...fire in the fireplace...cozy<3

220. Riley wearing skeleton jammies: "Dogs eat bones... but a dog won't eat my leg.. Right, Grandma?"

229. Friends joining me for dinner.... loving and supporting

230. Friendly Riley...Red, yellow, black and white... young, old... Riley befriends them all.

232. Dinner and loooong night with sister friends.

238. Trees ready to burst open... spring is in the air!!

240. Hope in my heart for happy days to come.... blessed!!

No comments: