Friday, September 14, 2007

As promised...

Thailand Tracey reporting back as promised....I had a wonderful time at the tea party. The treats served with the tea were delicious especially the traditional English Sticky Toffee Pudding which was served warm and with real whipped cream. It would have been so easy to have made a total pig of myself; however, believe it or not, I wasn't even tempted! I know, I know... you're thinking to yourself, "That sure doesn't sound like the Tracey I know." Well the truth is, I was so enjoying feasting on the fellowship of total strangers that the desserts were just there...definitely not the focus of the event for me at all. To be with a group of women I could converse and laugh with was treat enough. They were all very friendly and welcomed me, the newbie, in a warm genuine way. Eagerly, they took turns sharing valuable tips like having business cards made with my name and address printed in both English and Thai, opinions on where to get the best foot massages, and last but not least, the best brand of milk to buy and where to buy it. Needless to say, High Tea was truly a highlight in my week!

...one more thought. I think in my last post I wrote something about sampling the privileged life. What a silly thing to say... I know that you know what I meant, but as far as a privileged life- I've enjoyed that my whole life! I count it a privilege that you call me friend, mom, sister, niece, aunt, cousin, daughter, wife... whatever I am to you, I'm blessed to have the privilege of having you in my life.

1 comment:

David Michael said...

"feasting on the fellowship of total strangers"

Tracey,

These are "good words." Of course, you are a very good writer! As you probably have told your students over the years, the more you write, the better you get! Keep on writing!

I just watched a message by Ed Young (the son) www.edyoung.com He had two doors on stage (very nice wood doors with cut glass). One door represented Jesus, the other Satan. He then referred to one door as the "door of positivity" and the other the "door of negativity."

It was a simple illustration that reminded me that Christ followers should be positive people because Jesus won!

Speaking of winning -- Southlake Carroll got beat by Northwestern Florida High School. The game was played at SMU. Their winning streak was 49 games, one game short of setting a new high school record. These two teams were considered #1 and #2 in the nation. They lost by one touchdown, which shows how close these two teams were.

David