Monday, September 24, 2007

Free at Last!

"Free at last; Free at last..." I know Martin Luther King Jr. was referring to a far greater struggle; however, even though it's a bit melodramatic to say the least, I couldn't help but remember his words when my body was finally free of the unwelcome virus, bacteria, parasite, or whatever it was that had hijacked my intestinal tract for the past week. Don't worry. I'm not going to try and paint another word picture...not really even going to write about...that.

Well, maybe just a little. Let's just say that since I hadn't been feeling like myself for a couple of days, I began to get a bit concerned, living in a foreign land and all. I even spent a few hours Googling the symptoms...Come to find out, now that I have the gift of hindsight, the more serious of the problems I was suffering from was the dreaded What Ifs! What Ifs when left untreated, can get out of hand so quickly! In fact, a bad case will rob me of sleep, take away my appetite, and zap me of energy as sure as anything. What baffles me is that What If treatment is available right here in Thailand, it's free, and it's not in the least bit unpleasant. Yet, I often find myself finally turning the to the pages of my Bible only after Googling and everything else!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

The peace of God will guard my heart and mind...
will free me from my endless What Ifs.
Now that's Freedom!

2 comments:

Kathy Luthringer said...

Hi!
Sounds like you are settling in fine and finding your way around! I am so happy for you.
Love, Kathy Luthringer

Vicki Coley said...

Tracey,
What beautiful pictures and great commentary! I hope the intestinal problems are over -- that can really zap your energy! I found out that AISD doesn't allow access to blogs -- so I can't check your postings at the office (which is where I'm usually on the computer!) But I'll try to plan better and allow some time at home to catch up with you. Thanks for letting me visit Thailand through your eyes! Continue to enjoy the wonder of it all! I love you,
Vicki